There is nothing that feels better than riding your motorcycle while listening to music. The experience can be better when using the best-sounding motorcycle speakers. While some bikers wear headphones or earbuds while riding their motorcycles, this is not a safe option as you risk your safety. The best and safest option is to install the best motorcycle speakers.
Motorcycle speakers are advantageous in several ways. For instance, top-quality motorcycle speakers will make your ride more enjoyable. You’ll find it easier to navigate through unfamiliar routes as you can connect them to a smartphone and listen to voice navigation more clearly. These speakers are great for outdoor entertainment as you can use them anywhere you go with your motorcycle. Also, they increase a motorcycle’s resale value just in case you’ll want to sell it in the future.
Motorcycle speakers are available in several designs and types. Choosing the right ones for your motorcycle can be quite hectic. If you’ve landed on this page, you’re lucky as we’ve made everything easier for you. Our researchers have picked and tested several motorcycle speakers and recommended the best options. Learn more about the top picks by reading through this guide.
Top 8 Motorcycle Speakers Reviews
Not all motorcycle speakers do a great job when it comes to sound reproduction. But how would you know the best ones considering the numerous options available today? This is where our motorcycle speaker reviews come in handy. Read on for the best speaker selections for motorcycles.
1. Best Overall: Boss Audio Systems MCBK420B
This pair of motorcycle speakers from Boss Audio Systems is our top pick. They’re specially designed for use on motorcycles, scooters, touring bikes, and ATVs. Whether you’re exploring a town, riding on a road trip, or a trail, they’re a superb choice for blasting your favorite music on a motorcycle.
- Bluetooth enabled- The speakers have Bluetooth functionality that allows for wireless music streaming from Bluetooth-enabled devices. That way, you can stream music from your smartphone storage or music streaming services like Pandora and Spotify.
- AUX input- These speakers also feature an AUX input. You can connect devices that have support AUX connections such as smartphones or MP3 players. This is especially advantageous when using an audio source device that’s not Bluetooth enabled.
- Weatherproof- Another feature that makes these speakers superb for installation on motorcycles is their waterproof design. They’re safe from damage that may result from weather elements such as fog, water, and rain. You can safely use them outdoors regardless of the weather condition.
- Remote control- The speakers come with remote control for controlling the volume level. The remote control is wired. You can install it in a convenient location to make it safe to control the volume while riding your motorcycle.
- Amplifier- You’ll also like the amplifier that comes with these speakers. The amplifier is compact for more hidden installation. The amplifier is also weatherproof for safe outdoor use. It’s able to feed the two speakers with enough power for loud and clear sound reproduction.
- Full range sound
- Adjustable mounting brackets
- 600 watts Class D amplifier
- Wiring and mounting hardware are included
- Easy to install
- Short Bluetooth range
- The wire for connecting the remote volume is very thin
The Boss Audio Systems MCBK420B motorcycle speakers are superb for use in all weather conditions, thanks to their weatherproof design.
2. Best Aesthetics: LEXIN LX-S3
The design behind these pair of speakers from LEXIN makes them look extremely great. Besides their aesthetics, these speakers sound great, even when cruising at high speed.
- Effortless installation- Installing these speakers is comparable to installing a plug-and-play system. You only need to hook the power cable to the battery, connect the provided harness to the speaker, mount them on the desired location, and connect them to the desired accessories and sound sources.
- Several mounting locations- The design behind these speakers makes it possible to mount them on several locations. For instance, you can mount them on the engine guards, handlebars, or any other desired frame member. Simply mount them in your most preferred location.
- FM radio- Another great feature that comes with these speakers is their support for FM radio. They feature a powerful FM radio receiver that will allow you to enjoy listening to your favorite FM stations clearly when cruising on your motorcycle.
- USB port- The speakers come with a USB connector. You can attach a USB flash disk to stream your favorite music. You can also charge your smartphone via the USB port. That way, you won’t run out of charge when traveling a long distance.
- Convenient controls- The left speaker comes with buttons that allow for more convenient control. It has control buttons such as a volume control/power ON and OFF knob, pause and play button, FM radio search, skipping next/previous track and Bluetooth pairing.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Chrome-plated enclosure
- Detachable FM antenna
- 50 watts amplifier
- Mounting hardware
- Not loud enough when using Bluetooth
- Treble overwhelms bass
The chrome-plated finish of these LEXIN LX-S3 motorcycle Bluetooth speakers makes them a perfect choice for a motorcyclist who values aesthetics and wants polished accessories for their motorcycle.
3. Best Portable: JBL Wind
JBL is among the leading brands of audio equipment. The JBL Wind Bluetooth speaker is designed as a portable speaker that’s ideal for use with both motorcycles and bicycles. Its waterproof design makes it great for all-weather use.
- Hands-free calls- Among its key features is the inbuilt microphone. The inbuilt microphone makes it possible to use the microphone to make hands-free calls. This enhances your safety as a motorcycle rider since you don’t have to hold your phone while riding your bike.
- Portable design- The speaker features a portable design. You can take advantage of its inbuilt 800mAh lithium battery to play music from a micro SD card or FM radio for up to 10 hours. You can also connect it to audio sources wirelessly via Bluetooth. It has a Bluetooth range of up to 30 feet.
- Micro SD card- If you like saving your favorite playlist on a micro SD card for enhanced portability, you can play them on this speaker. You only need to attach the SD card to a micro SD card reader.
- Easy to mount- There’s no wiring required to mount this speaker. You only need to mount it with the provided mounting brackets, connect a compatible audio source, and start playing music. You’ll only need to recharge it with the provided USB cable. Also, you can mount it on a bicycle or motorcycle.
- Dustproof and splash proof- Whether you’re cruising along dusty trails or sand dunes, this speaker will manage the tough conditions, thanks to its dustproof design. Also, it has an IP45 waterproof rating that makes it resistant to water splashes. Thus, you can use it safely while cruising along wet roads.
- A USB charging cable is provided
- An AUX cable is provided
- FM radio
- Comes with mounting brackets
- Compatible with most iOS and Android devices
- Not very sturdy
- Not loud enough when cruising at high speeds
If you’re searching for a portable motorcycle speaker, you won’t go wrong with this JBL Wind Bluetooth motorcycle speaker.
4. Best Weatherproof: BOSS Audio Systems MC420B
We’ve picked yet another pair of BOSS Audio motorcycle speakers in our review due to their unmatched weatherproof design. These pair of speakers feature left and right silver-plated speakers. Each speaker has a diameter of 3 inches.
- Class D amplifier- The speakers come with a Class D amplifier that produces up to 600 watts of power. The powerful amp allows the speakers to reproduce loud sound such that you can hear the sound when cruising at high speeds.
- Weatherproof- You don’t have to worry about exposing the speakers to the harsh outdoor environment. The pair of speakers and the amplifier feature an innovative weatherproofing design. They’re able to resist dust and water splashes, making them safe for use under extreme weather conditions.
- In-line remote control- The speaker features an in-line remote control. You can hook up the in-line remote volume control to a convenient location for safe control of the volume while riding your motorcycle.
- Full range sound- These speakers are designed as full-range speakers. They feature speaker drivers that reproduce highs, midrange, and lows. Thus, you won’t miss out on important music details.
- Adjustable brackets- The speakers come with adjustable brackets that fit most standard handlebars. They can fit handlebars with a width ranging from 0.75 to 1.25 inches. Besides, the mounting brackets are metallic and sturdy for a tight installation.
- 3.5 mm AUX input
- Bluetooth enabled for wireless music streaming
- High-performance design
- Usable with a 12 volts motorcycle battery
- Mounting hardware is included
- No dedicated power ON/OFF button
- The wires for connecting the speakers to the amp are relatively short, making it hard to conceal the amp
Overall, these BOSS Audio Systems MC420B motorcycle speakers stand out for their weatherproof design, making them ideal for use under any outdoor weather condition.
5. Best Budget: GoHawk RD8
The GoHawk RD8 speaker is designed as a handlebar soundbar speaker for motorcycles. It can be mounted on a motorcycle with a handlebar diameter ranging from 7/8 to 1.25 inches. Mounting clamps are provided for easier installation.
- Long Bluetooth range- You can connect Bluetooth-enabled devices to the speaker such as smartphones or tablets. It supports most Android and iOS devices. It maintains a strong Bluetooth connection within a range of 15 meters, which is long enough for most wireless connectivity needs.
- LED screen- The speaker comes with a LED screen that displays track details, the FM radio MHz, and even a digital clock. You can enable it to display the clock by simply pressing the dedicated clock (CLK) button.
- User-friendly installation- You’ll find it quite easy to install the speaker. It comes with all the important mounting hardware and wiring. You only need to mount the hardware to the handlebar and plug the wiring.
- Aluminum housing- The soundbar speaker is enclosed in an aluminum housing. Aluminum is highly durable due to its corrosion-resistant nature. It’s not affected by UV rays for optimal performance in the outdoor space. Also, it’s strong and resists wear.
- Inbuilt amplifier- The speaker comes with an inbuilt power amplifier. The amp powers the dual speakers within the housing. Their dual design allows for stereo sound reproduction as one speaker works as a left speaker while the other one works as a right speaker.
- Affordable price range
- 3.55 mm AUX input
- Supports micro SD card and USB flash disk
- Lengthy power cord
- Waterproof design
- The USB port doesn’t support USB charging
- Not very loud
If you’re working with a tight budget and looking for a high-performance budget speaker, then this is one of the best motorcycle speakers to consider.
6. Best High-End Option: Kuryakyn 2720
This motorcycle speaker from Kuryakyn 2720 is designed as a soundbar. It’s packed with 300 watts of power for loud high-quality sound. Its satin black color makes it match with just about any motorcycle finish.
- Advanced Bluetooth- One of the most outstanding features of this speaker is its advanced Bluetooth 4.1 technology. The Bluetooth receiver connects with any Bluetooth-enabled device. This Bluetooth technology also allows for a more stable Bluetooth connection and enhanced wireless music streaming.
- USB charging- The speaker comes with a USB charging port. If your smartphone runs out of charge and you want to stream music in its storage, you can simply charge it with the USB port. That way, you’ll continue enjoying listening to your favorite music without worrying about running out of charge.
- Full-range sound- The soundbar features two full-range 2×3 speakers. Each speaker comes with dual voice coils. Also, the soundbar features four 1-inch silk dome tweeters for smooth highs. The speakers and tweeters deliver powerful sound free of distortion at high volume, thanks to their high-quality design and the powerful inbuilt 4-channel amplifier.
- Weather-resistant- Another notable feature of this speaker is that it comes with an IP66-rated speaker housing. This means that it’s able to resist high-pressure water jets, making it ideal for use in any weather condition. It also resists dust.
- Heat protection- It comes with an inbuilt heat sink that dissipates heat from the amp and other speaker components to prevent overheating. This keeps the speakers safe when used for prolonged periods. It also has a circuit system that protects it from overvoltage and under-voltage.
- Universal mounting clamps
- AUX input
- USB charging port
- Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity
- Comes with a wiring harness
- Quite expensive
- Not the best for bass
If you love adding high-end accessories to your motorcycle, consider adding this Kuryakyn 2720 motorcycle soundbar. It’ll instantly enhance the value of your motorcycle.
7. Best for Harley-Davidson Motorcycles: Rockford Fosgate TMS6RG
Rockford Fosgate is among the leading manufacturers of sound equipment, including motorcycle speakers. These Rockford Fosgate TMS6RG motorcycle speakers are designed as full-range coaxial speakers. Each speaker in the pair is designed as a 6.5-inch speaker.
- Element ready- The speakers are designed to resist all kinds of harsh weather elements. They’re water-resistant, making them ideal for outdoor use under rainy weather. In fact, you can use a hose to wash your motorcycle without damaging the speakers. They’re also UV resistant and aren’t affected by extreme temperature.
- Clear highs- Each speaker comes with a 25mm dome tweeter. There’s also an integrated phase plug in each speaker. As a result, the tweeters allow for the production of clear highs even when cruising at high speeds.
- Powerful sound- Another reason why these speakers are worth installing is their powerful sound output. They deliver 75 watts RMS power and 150 watts MAX. They’re loud enough even in windy conditions. In fact, they’re audible when cruising at above 70 mph.
- Compact design- The speakers feature a compact design. For instance, their neodymium motor structure is compact combined with a co-molded polypropylene cone. That way, they maintain a small speaker size without compromising on the sound quality.
- Easy to install- With these speakers, you won’t have to struggle with where to mount them. They fit in factory speaker locations and can be installed using factory mounting hardware and connectors. Besides, they come with new grilles.
- Resists vibrations for clear sound
- High output midrange
- Santoprene surround
- Ultra-efficient tweeters
- Only suitable for Harley-Davidson motorcycles
- Higher price range
If you own a Harley-Davidson motorcycle (1998 to 2013 models), then these pair of Rockford Fosgate TMS6RG motorcycle speakers are your best bet.
8. Best Mid-Price: Rockville RockNRide 3″
These motorcycle speakers from Rockville come as a pair of 3-inch speakers with a durable metallic housing. They’re designed as handlebar speakers with a straightforward installation process.
- Powerful sound output- The speakers have a power handling rating of 150 watts RMS and 300 watts peak power. They have a frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz for full-range sound. Their build quality allows for clear, loud sound when cruising at high speeds.
- Waterproof USB port- Another unique feature about this speaker is that it comes with a USB 2.0 port that’s covered with a waterproof cover. The cover ensures that water doesn’t get into the speakers through the USB port. The USB port allows music streaming from USB thumb drives with a maximum capacity of 32GB.
- Wired remote- The speakers come with a wired remote control that makes it easier and safer to make various adjustments and controls while cruising. The remote control comes with all the necessary controls including volume up/down, power on/off, skip next/previous track, and FM radio activation.
- Auto Scan FM radio- If you love listening to FM radio, these speakers will be a great choice. They come with an FM radio with a radio frequency ranging from 87.5Hz to 108.0Hz. The FM radio has an auto-scan feature that eliminates manual radio tuning. It scans available FM radio stations automatically.
- Stable Bluetooth connection- The speakers are Bluetooth-enabled with a stable connection within a range of up to 33 feet. The Bluetooth functionality remembers previously synced Bluetooth devices after powering it ON. It’s compatible with any Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Inbuilt amplifier
- MOSFET power supply
- RCA input
- Adjustable and 360-degree rotation installation brackets
- They rattle on full volume
- The remote control is not completely waterproof
The Rockville RockNRide 3″ motorcycle speakers are best suitable for anyone who loves cruising their motorcycle while listening to FM radio.
How to Find the Best Motorcycle Speakers
Motorcycle speakers are great for entertaining a rider and their passenger. However, the speakers can only entertain you if you choose the right ones for your motorcycle. As you can see from our reviews, there’re many brands of motorcycle stereo speakers available today. Here’re some tips that can assist you to make the right choice without a lot of confusion.
1. Mounting option
Motorcycle speakers are available as either handlebar speakers or helmet motorcycle speakers. To start with, handlebar speakers are those that are mounted on motorcycle handlebars. They come with mounting brackets that make it possible to install them on the handlebars.
On the other hand, helmet motorcycle speakers are fitted on the helmet. They’re made using innovative technology for enhanced portability and wireless connectivity. Helmet speakers often feature functionalities such as hands-free calling, voice GPS navigation, and Bluetooth. Generally, helmet speakers are easier to set up than handlebar speakers. However, handlebar speakers are often more powerful than helmet speakers.
2. Supported input sources
The kind of audio sources supported by a certain brand of motorcycle speakers will greatly influence whether it’s the right option for your needs. For instance, if you love listening to radio, consider a speaker that comes with FM radio. Also, it’ll help to choose a speaker that supports Bluetooth connectivity to stream music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices. Other important input sources to consider are USB input and AUX input. At least, ensure the speakers you choose can play music from your most preferred audio devices.
Essentially, a motorcycle is used in the outdoor environment. Since motorcycles are not covered like regular cars, they’re exposed to harsh weather elements such as rain, ice, and dust. Thus, you should ensure the speakers you’re choosing are weatherproof. Most importantly, ensure they’re water-resistant. They shouldn’t get damaged by rain or water splashes when cleaning your motorcycle.
4. Ease of installation
It’ll help to choose speakers that are easy to install. If you’re choosing handlebar speakers, ensure they come with installation hardware for easier mounting. Also, ensure the mounting brackets are adjustable and can fit around your handlebars. If wiring is needed, ensure the speakers come with all the necessary cabling. Plug and play cabling would be the easiest option to work with since there’s no soldering required.
5. Sound quality
It’s important to go for speakers that can deliver clear and loud sound despite the noise made by your motorcycle’s engine. They should be audible when cruising at high speeds despite the windy conditions. Also, consider choosing full-range speakers to enjoy hearing all music details from your favorite playlist.
6. Ease of control
Another important consideration to make is the ease of control. The speaker system should come with controls to make certain operations such as volume up/down and skip next/previous track among others. It will be even better to choose a speaker that comes with remote control for enhanced safety. Remote control will allow you to make various controls safely while riding your motorcycle.
Stereo speakers aren’t only restricted to cars. You can also add a stereo system to your motorcycle and equip it with the best motorcycle speakers to enjoy listening to your favorite music while cruising. Installing the best speakers for your motorcycle will allow you to have a more enjoyable ride, especially when traveling a long distance. By keeping this guide and reviews in mind, you’ll stand better chances of getting the best stereo speakers for your motorcycle.
Michael Evanchuk is a San Francisco-based sound engineer with 20 years’ experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing commercial, automotive, and household sound equipment. Evanchuk owns an auto stereo center, where he offers highly competitive car audio installation and repair services. He has written dozens of articles on different sound engineering topics, all of which have been published in leading journals, blogs, and websites.