Holding small, frequent parties is amazing. You get an opportunity to make a special group of people happy. Good food and cold drinks make for a warm welcome sign. However, only one thing can make for a truly enjoyable party experience – great music.
A nice system is all people need to dance the night away. On the contrary, unsatisfying music can make your guests leave sooner than desired. This is why choosing a party speaker is a vital undertaking.
You hate mediocre music and that’s why you are here looking for the best party speakers. Today’s your lucky day because our efforts have yielded awesome results. We’ve compiled a list of 8 party speakers from top brands and with the best features and capabilities.
What type and size of party speaker do you need?
Do you want a wired or battery-powered?
Or is your preference a party speaker that you can use as a PA system?
Take a quick look at our top picks in the table below. Detailed reviews of each of the speakers follow immediately after the table.
1. Aiwa Exos-9 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Keep the party morale fired up throughout the night with this Aiwa Exos-9 Bluetooth speaker. It is a portable, battery-powered sound champion can help you set up a dance party anywhere. Most notably, its truly dynamic sound response will encourage even the most reserved of your guests to hit the dance floor.
Aiwa Exos-9 Features
- 5 sound drivers for a superior sound output: The use of diverse sound drivers in a speaker system ensures that the audio produced is balanced. Aiwa put together 5 active drivers, including a 6.5″ DVC sub, to take care of sound reproduction. Combine this driver configuration with 200-watt continuous power handling. The result is powerful and dynamic sound with captivating depth and intriguing character.
- 5-band EQ with 4 presets: On top of having a diverse driver combination, this party speaker also features an equalizer. It is a useful sound customization feature for users who’d love to fine-tune the audio output to their liking. So, you can make this speaker deliver audio to your taste whether you are listening to music, podcasts, or audiobooks.
- 9 hours of tremendous battery power: When you have outdoor events in locations without power outlets, you can rely on the Aiwa Exos-9 to enliven the environment. The removable li-ion battery packs enough power to run your speaker up to 9 hours. Aiwa understands that the party can get too sweet and you may want to extend the party time. Thus, the company has made it super easy to swap batteries so that you can keep the air hot with powerful music all day and night.
- Advanced Bluetooth connectivity: Like many portable speakers, the Exos-9 has Bluetooth capability. It uses Bluetooth 4.2 to pair instantly with compatible devices. The connection range extends up to 80 feet. One aspect, however, sets this speaker apart. Its unique Bluetooth lock enables you to limit connections to desired devices only. It’s a very useful feature when you don’t want every other device in the house or at the party to connect to the speaker.
- Awesome sound quality – good bass and well-balanced mids.
- Handle fitted on the back makes carrying the speaker easy.
- Long battery life.
- Audio customization using the 5-band EQ is amazing.
- Speaker can charge a phone via the USB.
- Not waterproof.
- You may need to buy an extra battery pack.
The Exos-9 is unbeatable in sound output and portability. Besides, it’s one of the most user-friendly Bluetooth party speakers we’ve come across. The only major shortcoming is that it’s not waterproof so you cannot use it in extreme weather.
Have Aiwa Exos-9 on standby – a reliable companion anytime when you want to set up a party.
2. ION Audio Block Rocker Plus
Are you planning for a backyard party and need a speaker that can keep the entertainment on top level while also acting as a PA system?
The ION Audio Block Rocker Plus rocks in such circumstances. It’s a legendary speaker that plays audio from almost any Bluetooth-enabled device. See below what it has to offer:
Key Features of ION Audio Block Rocker Plus
- High-power sound performance: Audiophiles cannot sit still while waiting to test what this speaker’s 100-watt peak power amplifier can do. Vibrant and thrilling dynamic sound is the kind of output to expect. An 8” woofer and a wide-dispersion tweeter work flawlessly with the powerful amp to guarantee you mind-blowing fun.
- Optimized for all media: One would have to look hard to find a party speaker that’s as versatile as this ION masterpiece. Besides having easy-to-pair Bluetooth capability, it also comes with an AM/FM radio with 20 pre-sets. For non-Bluetooth connections, ION has included a 1/8-inch AUX port. Thus, you can connect it to sound sources such as cassette and CD players.
- Microphone input: Karaoke and public speaking sessions require a perfect microphone input. ION has included a dedicated microphone input that its competitors admire. This explains why many users consider the speaker as one of the best PA speaker for small parties with up to 100 people.
- Ultra-portable design: A rugged plastic enclosure with a telescoping handle makes handling the speaker worry-free. What’s more, the speaker has small wheels that make it easy to move it over hard and flat surfaces.
- Long-life 50-hour rechargeable battery: Your friends will dance till they drop before this ION speaker’s battery even reaches 50% battery capacity. And in addition to promising you non-stop fun, the battery also acts a backup power source for your smartphones and tablets. What more could one ask for!
- Powerful, enlivening sound; ideal for indoor and outdoor parties.
- Easy to move around despite weighing 20lbs.
- Awesome Bluetooth range.
- Excellent battery life.
- Perfect microphone input.
- Audio clipping at maximum volume.
- Radio channels are not always clear.
A 100-Watt Bluetooth party speaker with radio and flexible wireless and wired connectivity is a great investment in your entertainment system. This ION sound champion does everything it says it can do.
Try ION Audio Block Rocker Plus speaker for superior high-fidelity sound anywhere.
3. SOUNDBOKS 2 – The Loudest Portable Party Speaker Ideal for Outdoors
Designed to take on the wildest parties and unforgiving environments, this 33-lbs fully wireless loudspeaker is in a league of its own. The Bluetooth loudspeaker is the perfect choice for bigger outdoor parties. Just seeing this speaker gives one a strong desire to try it out. It looks like an armored car, which implies unmatched structural strength and incredible durability.
Main highlights of Soundboks 2
- Loud, impactful sound: Two 10” woofers, a 98dB soft dome tweeter, and three 72-watt class D amplifiers are behind the speaker’s unparalleled sound performance. Isn’t this too much for one speaker? Well, it is what makes SOUNDBOKS 2 one of the best party speakers on the market.
- Long-lasting swappable battery pack: A powerful speaker requires a more elaborate powering mechanism, and SOUNDBOKS 2 has got it right. The speaker uses a Lithium Ion Phosphate battery pack that lasts up to 40 hours after a 3.5-hour recharge.
- Durable design: This loudspeaker has a well-built cabinet and a light aluminum cover whose appearance convinces the eye that the unit will last forever. It’s weatherproof, splash proof and dirt resistant. Unpleasant temperatures, rough physical handling, desert heat and beach sand are nothing to this party speaker. It can handle the craziest crowd, anywhere.
- Portability: Even though this speaker is heavier than most of its competitors in this review, two people can easily carry it by its sturdy handles. Also, the company provides a backpack attachment that helps a single person carry it for longer distances.
- Outdoor mode: SOUNDBOKS 2 is among the very few Bluetooth speakers that have an Outdoor Mode. It’s built perfectly for outdoor adventure; you can take it to any environment and make enjoyable moments.
- Handles all weather conditions.
- Achieves an outrageous volume level without losing sound quality.
- Outstanding battery life.
- It easily portable despite being relatively heavier.
- Truly wireless operation.
- It’s not IPX7 waterproof so it cannot survive full immersion in water.
- Too heavy for some people even with the backpacking attachment provided.
The superior features and durability of this party speaker make it immensely attractive to serious outdoor party fans. If you are looking for a tailgate speaker for extreme uses, this beefy big boy will not disappoint.
Let SOUNDBOKS 2 electrify your party with its thunderous sound.
4. Sony GTK-XB72 High Power Home Audio System
Sony could not miss this party. It bounces in with the GTK-XB72 – a compactly-designed party speaker that you can set up in minutes to get the party going. This speaker offers powerful sound marked by reinforced bass lines and a distinctive mids. Check out its features below.
Sony GTK-XB72 Features
- An immersive entertainment experience: Sony has included several design aspects that indulge you in an enveloping experience. From a Live Sound Mode that initiates a 3D listening experience to a range of DJ effects, you are lost for choice when it comes to adding sauce to your experience. You can use the Fiestable app to add smartphone motion-triggered effects, including a snare drum, scratching, and wood block sounds. Besides, if you are a fan of karaoke parties, you’ll love the mic input on the speaker.
- EXTRA BASS button: Whenever you feel like serious low-end performance would do some good, the EXTRA BASS mode is only a button press near. The resulting bass is mind blowing. You want to take advantage of this feature when the crowd’s favorite party anthem starts playing.
- Wireless party speaker chain: Creating a higher sound output with these speakers is a breeze. Multiple speakers connect quickly via Bluetooth. You can choose to place linked speakers in the same location or spread them out to different strategic locations for a 360-degree effect.
- Built-in FM tuner & retractable antenna: If you are a fan of radio, you’ll be pleased to discover your favorite shows and interesting broadcasts on this speaker’s 87.5-108 MHz/100 kHz tuning range. The retractable antenna helps with signal reception if you are in a location with sub-ultimate FM signal reception.
- Uses a standard 110-V power outlet.
- Precise hands-free calls via the built-in microphone.
- Ability to pair (simultaneously) with 3 devices via NFC or Bluetooth and charge one device via USB.
- The speaker can stand vertically or horizontally (like a classic boombox).
- Built-in multicolored LED flash lights add a club or concert atmosphere.
- Padded contact points on the side and bottom for stability when placed in any way.
- Midrange is a little lacking.
- No handles to lug the speaker around.
- No battery.
This Sony contender is an amazing party speaker. It doesn’t only give out beautiful sound but also a chance to play around with the output as you wish. Despite coming short slightly on portability, the GTK-XB72 ticks all other boxes of a top-performing party speaker.
Sony GTK-XB72 offers a unique chance to enjoy customized sound. Try it out.
5. TOMPROAD Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Over and above the common capabilities of a Bluetooth speaker, this TOMPROAD packs useful convenience features. It is the best on-the-go speaker to have around the house as well as outdoors when traveling or camping. Noteworthy, this speaker is primed for multi-mode application – from Bluetooth and AUX input to FM radio and TF card playback.
- 10W Big Power speaker configuration: Beneath the professional-looking cabinet of this Big Power speaker are three loudspeakers and a heavy bass guide tube design. A powerful subwoofer amplifies low frequencies while the unique loudspeaker cavity design supports the delivery of premium acoustic sound.
- Connectivity: TOMPROAD has built this speaker with Bluetooth 4.1 capability. It can establish a wireless connection with any Bluetooth device within a distance of 33 feet. Moreover, the speaker supports an automatic FM channel and TF Card music playback. Also, wired connections to smartphones, computers, and other devices are possible via the 3.5mm interface.
- Digital display and intelligent remote control: These two features make the TOMPROAD Bluetooth speaker amazingly user-friendly. The digital display provides important information such as the play mode your speaker is on currently. You have control over the speaker in your hand and at the comfort of your couch or bed thanks to the included remote control.
- Automatic memory of last track played: An after-shutdown memory feature helps the speaker to remember the track number that was played before shutdown. This feature saves you a lot of time. You don’t need to set the speaker manually to carry on with a playlist every time you turn it on.
- Decent audio range.
- Lightweight and fairly portable with a handle on top.
- Remote control offers a great deal of convenience when operating the speaker.
- The FM radio works commendably well.
- Favorable price.
- Short battery life.
- Sound gets static when speaker is tuned to full volume.
While this TOMPROAD Bluetooth speaker won’t boom with bass, it is a great portable unit for on-the-go listening. It performs well in most light-duty indoor applications and some outdoor uses as long as you don’t expose it to extreme weather.
If all you need is a simple remote-controlled Bluetooth party speaker, don’t hesitate to try this TOMPROAD masterpiece.
6. Pohopa 10w Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
Closing in on the finish line, here is one of Pohopa’s best speakers. It captivated us instantly with its vibrant sound and delightful LED lights. Of course, there is more about this Bluetooth speaker to make anyone looking for a party speaker happy. See its outstanding features below:
Features of Pohopa 10w Bluetooth Speaker
- 10W revolutionary full-bodied stereo: Some Bluetooth speaker brands promise to provide big rave-like sound only to disappoint buyers with mediocre performance. This TOMPROAD speaker is different as it gives you advanced digital sound with quality bass. The speaker’s output of high-quality acoustic sound is attributable to its revolutionary loudspeaker cavity structure.
- Multiple wireless pairing: TOMPROAD takes pride in using 5.8GHz technology to make wireless pairing of multiple devices hassle-free. This technology allows you to set a host speaker and pair it with sub speakers for a synchronized multi-dimensional audio response. The workable distance between the host and sub speaker should not exceed 66 feet.
- Built-in large-capacity (4400MAH) rechargeable battery: Depending on how you use the speaker, the battery can last anywhere between 4 to 20 hours. Many users have reported a 10-hour continuous music playback when LED lights off and volume set at 70%. As such, this speaker is ideal for backyard parties, BBQ and events that last up to 10 hours.
- Strong IPX5 weather-resistant build with irresistible finish: A superb build quality and glossy piano black finishing complement the speaker’s competitive sound performance. Its IPX5 certification gives you peace of mind of knowing that you can use it for small poolside parties as well as other outdoor applications.
- Supports the connection of multiple speakers in different locations.
- Cool LED lights illuminate the party night in a beautiful way.
- Speaker is waterproof; it can hold up to pool water splashes and light rain.
- Superb build quality for easy handling and durability.
- Remote control.
- Integrated handle helps to hang the speaker securely when playing outdoors.
- Clipping issues when distance between audio source and speaker reaches 12 feet.The included remote feels flimsy and cheap.
This professionally-designed Bluetooth speaker offers everything you’d need in a portable speaker. Based on our research analysis, multi-device pairing capability and durable waterproof body are the major reasons users consider it one of the best party speakers available.
Get yourself this Pohopa party speaker to enjoy unforgettable indoor and outdoor listening experiences.
7. QFX PBX-61081BT/SI Portable
Finishing off today’s review of best party speakers is this relatively larger QFX speaker. The PBX-61081BT beats many competitors in battery power and versatility. Weighing 10.5 lbs, it’s not the most lightweight party speaker in the lot. Nevertheless, it’s still easily portable thanks to its wheeled suitcase design.
Key features of QFX PBX-61081BT
- 8” woofer and amplifier: Expect your music to come out with oomph and vigor when you connect this boxy party speaker to an audio source. Only a few competing party speaker models have a woofer this big. Besides, the amplifier assists to make sound reproduction livelier so that everyone at the party can hear the output clearly. The speaker is also perfect for a public address.
- Variety of audio sourcing options: You have a variety of options for connecting this QFX party speaker. In addition to Bluetooth, the speaker supports Micro-SD, USB and AUX inputs. Furthermore, there is an FM radio function. The microphone input comes in handy when you have a couple of karaoke lovers on board, as well as when you are using the speaker for PA. Whatever input you choose, the PBX-61081BT takes on sound delivery like a champion.
- 4500mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery: QFX installed a large battery in this party speaker. It might not be the most long-lasting battery you’ve come across, but it will strive to impress you with up to 20 hours when streaming audio via Bluetooth. At full volume, the battery can last about 8 hours, which is not all that bad. A full charge takes about 5 to 6 hours.
- Easy, convenient control: A control panel on the back of this speaker’s box-like cabinet allows you to easily and quickly select the desired audio source and adjust playback and volume. More interestingly, it comes with a remote for even more comfortable control.
- Portability: This speaker is in the class of relatively heavier portable speakers. As such, QFX has equipped it with an extendable handle and wheels to make transportation less tasking. As for the size, you won’t struggle to find a suitable storage space when on the go. This champion takes little space in your car.
- Big woofer + amplifier produce big sound with considerable bass.
- Powerful battery.
- Incredible versatility.
- Compact design.
- Handle and caster wheels enhance portability.
- Microphone is not included in the package.
- Not waterproof.
- Bluetooth range not the best.
This unit is definitely a great pick for quality music on the go. It gives out satisfying sound and it’s easy to move around despite being fairly large.
At its current price, QFX PBX-61081BT is a great bargain.
8. AOMAIS Portable IPX7 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
The solid feel of this AOMAIS IPX7 waterproof speaker tells you it’s up to something good. Boasting four high-performance sound drivers, the ergonomically designed speaker delivers all details in your music with incredible precision and richness. Besides, many users also expressed their appreciation for the clear hands-free calling capability of the speaker.
Features of AOMAIS IPX7 BT Speaker
- Pleasant and natural sound: AOMAIS claims that this party can deliver high-definition stereo quality sound. The company has used an exclusive stereophonic active 2-way fractional frequency system that creates a natural impression of sound. The sound appears to be coming from various directions; more like an optimized soundstage. Noteworthy, distortion is less than 3%.
- Wireless dual stereo pairing: It’s possible to link two of these speakers to get more volume. You can also do this if you want to enjoy your music in different places; for example, inside the house and in the backyard. Syncing the speakers is easy and quick. You only need to press and hold the + and – keys simultaneously until you hear three beeps.
- 3.7V/5000mAh rechargeable battery: Don’t worry about an upcoming outdoor party. This speaker’s 5000mAh battery takes only 2.5 hours to recharge. Power indicators on the speaker will keep you updated on the power status. Once fully recharged, the battery will keep the party speaker rocking for hours.
- Advanced Bluetooth technology: Seamless connectivity with iOS and Android devices is one of the distinctive strengths of this party speaker. It uses Bluetooth 4.2 technology that maintains a stable connection over 100 feet. With this speaker’s ability to support uninterrupted audio streaming from a wide variety of compatible devices, you’re never short of options for entertaining your guests and self.
- IPX7 waterproof: The outdoors can get tough for small party speakers. However, this AOMAIS speaker is designed to take on any challenge. Whether you want to party in the rain or by the poolside, you can do so freely knowing that your speaker is IPX7 waterproof. AOMAIS has installed an impermeable protection that doesn’t let water in even when the speaker is submerged in water.
- Powerful sound with superior detail and balance.
- Ergonomic exterior offers good grip and shock protection.
- Durable, waterproof build.
- Flexible connectivity via BT 4.2 and 3.5mm auxiliary cables.
- Supports hands-free calling.
- Compatible with Google Assistant, Siri, Cortana, Alexa, & Bixby Voice Control.
- Cool flash light.
- Highs are a bit lacking.
- Battery charge diminishes quickly when lights are on.
We loved this speaker for its high-quality sound. Its loudness, especially, is a nice surprise from such a small speaker. Besides, the strong and waterproof exterior promises longevity.
Get the AOMAIS IPX7 Bluetooth speaker – a dependable all-weather party speaker with a small footprint.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Party Speaker
The right speaker can ramp up the participants’ enthusiasm by providing sensational music. You can find it easily if you have a fool-proof selection plan. The following discussion of key factors to consider when looking for a party speaker will prove useful during your shopping.
i. Sound output
The kind of sound a particular party speaker produces is the topmost priority when choosing a party speaker. You want to invest in a unit that will provide impressive sound, otherwise the party will suck. Particularly, you want a speaker that gives out loud sound with a significant amount of bass.
The presence of dual drivers and bass radiators is a good sign of considerably deep bass and an elevated overall audio response. Also, pay attention to the speaker’s output power. A higher power output means better capability to produce bigger sound.
Most portable party speakers have Bluetooth as the main connectivity medium. Critical aspects to consider when assessing Bluetooth connectivity include how fast the speaker connects to an audio source, connection range, and connection strength. This information is readily available in users’ reviews; you just need sufficient time to go through some of these reviews.
Additional wireless connectivity options are welcome. For instance, NFC connectivity extends the variety of devices with which the speaker can work. There are models that even support Google Assistant, Siri, Alexa and other software. It doesn’t hurt for a speaker to have extra connection ability.
Parties often don’t end with the same calm as they started. A lot of crazy things can happen while people jump and toss their happy bodies around. And when it comes to outdoor parties, the weather can be unforgivingly destructive to delicately-built speakers.
A speaker that can handle a little bit of abuse, whether physical or environmental, will save you a lot of money. Many party speakers are built with sturdy, waterproof cabinets.
What environments will the speaker be used, and what kind of guests are you expecting?
Answering these questions can help to determine the required toughness on the part of the speaker construction.
This factor is critical especially to users who have to move the speaker frequently. If your best party speaker is a small unit that you can grab quickly or stash in a bag, the speaker’s weight might be all you need to consider. For bigger speakers, however, conveniently-placed handles and wheels are crucial design features for easier transportation.
A memorable music listening experience is unachievable if the powering system is not up to the game. Most portable speakers operate with a rechargeable battery. Key considerations to make about the battery include its charge holding capacity and the time it gets to recharge.
A powerful battery that lasts many hours will give you uninterrupted fun. In addition, batteries that can charge your small gadgets such as phones and tablets make the whole experience stress-free.
You can now go ahead and choose one among the excellent options we’ve reviewed.
Why is Aiwa Exos-9 our pick for the best party speaker?
Outstanding build quality, reliable battery power, and clean and dynamic sound are the reasons Aiwa Exos-9 has won the hearts of many audio fans. This portable Bluetooth speaker takes every track thrown to it and gives back a well-balanced and captivating output. It is among the most thoughtfully-designed 5-driver party speakers available.
We were very impressed with its flawless wireless streaming capability. Also, the EQ function that helps you to tweak the sound to your liking is a big plus. Doesn’t it feel good to have a speaker that allows you to customize the output?
The EXOS-9 is neither the cheapest nor the most expensive party speaker around. Initially, some of our team members thought it was a bit expensive. Upon hearing what it can deliver, however, everyone agreed that it’s a great performer that delivers beyond expectations.
Michael Evanchuk is a San Francisco-based sound engineer with 20 years’ experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing commercial, automotive, and household sound equipment. Evanchuk owns an auto stereo center, where he offers highly competitive car audio installation and repair services. He has written dozens of articles on different sound engineering topics, all of which have been published in leading journals, blogs, and websites.